Monday, November 15, 2004

Into the last stretch

When I started this blog, I did not expect people to be actually reading and following it. I created this blog as my own small way of documenting Boky’s growth inside her mother’s womb and beyond. This blog is being written primarily with Boky in mind, that someday, when he’s old enough to read and understand, he’ll realize how we, his parents, had eagerly anticipated his entrance into the world, and how we have enthusiastically recorded his development.

Two weeks had actually passed since I made my last entry. Last night, when my sister who lives with her hubby in Saitama called, she asked me why there have been no new entries recently. When I thought no one was reading this, I was wrong.

Nothing eventful had really happened since the last posting, and I did not want to dish out my usual “everything’s ok at this point” crap. For one, while the past 2 weeks had been relatively uneventful, there is no denying that the “honeymoon” stage of the pregnancy is over. Mommy D’s tummy would harden more often than usual, esp. at night, causing some pain, and Boky’s kicks and punches have become much stronger. From the outside of Mommy D’s stomach, one can actually see Boky’s movements; it’s as if someone is poking the stomach from within.

At this point, we have begun some serious preparation for Boky’s grand entrance next month. Some of his clothes have already been bought, and Mommy D and I have been discussing lately on whether to rent a crib or purchase a second-hand one. We haven’t fully decided yet at this point. Mommy D, however, has been busy completing her list of things to bring to the hospital and preparing her “luggage.” From my end, I have been reading the book “Expectant Father” in preparation for D-day. Lately, Mommy D and I have been watching a series of seven videos that we ordered over the Internet from the “I Am Your Child Foundation.” No doubt, we are learning much from these sources, and as first-time parents, we definitely need all the information that we can get. I don’t think the proverbial stork will be bringing Boky in with an “instruction manual,” although I hope it would, hehe…

It is probably about 5 (short!) weeks left before Boky joins us in this world. And I’m sure that, without a doubt, our lives will never be the same again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home