Sunday, August 15, 2004

Assisting in a miracle

Nothing really prepares you from seeing your unborn child rolling and turning inside the womb in real-time.

August 11 at the Nezu Ladies Clinic where I accompanied Mommy D to her regular checkup was when I first saw Boky in action. If Boky is that active or restless, I have no doubt that it’s in the genes, I half-seriously thought.

It was also when I first heard Boky’s fetal heartbeat, with his/her tiny cardiac muscles pumping away at 140 beats per minute (normal), his growing body savoring the life-giving nutrients from Mommy D.

That’s what I once told Mommy D: pregnancy is one chance in your life wherein you can assist God in a miracle. It is to be savored and cherished since it is just one short but totally exciting phase in a woman’s life. Pregnancy is when you and God are undoubtedly in the same team.

The obstetrician, Dr. Morita, who was trained both at the University of Tokyo and Harvard University, and who has both MD and PhD degrees, said that Boky is growing very normally and at the right pace (see “Boky Photos (Part 2)” below). He also said that everything is in correct order inside Mommy D’s womb: the placenta is in the right position and there is no need of Caesarian section at this point.

He looked visibly disappointed though when we told him that we’ll be relocating to Tsukuba soon (there’s nothing we can do about it). He promised however that he will prepare all the necessary documents and records that our next obstetrician in Tsukuba will require.

For the past few nights, Boky has been very active. Mommy D would take my hand once in a while and put it on top of her belly and I could actually feel Boky’s movements from the outside. It’s as if Boky is telling us: “I’m here, feel me, I can’t wait to get out!”

At the right time, Boky, at the right time….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home