Sunday, October 03, 2004

Guitar music

It's one of those lazy, rainy Sunday afternoons here again in Tsukuba and Mommy D is fast asleep. It's definitely a respite that she needs, what with Boky becoming active not only in the evenings but sometimes at around 9 am or thereabouts. Boky is also probably asleep at the moment since I don't see Mommy D squirming while holding her tummy. Did I say she's sleeping?

Anyway, since returning to Tsukuba, I have become active again at the Tsukuba Catholic Church where I used to be a choir guitarist for around 3 years while I was still a graduate student. Yesterday afternoon, in preparation for today's mass, I practiced a few songs, and as part of our infant stimulation program, I played the guitar in front of the sofa where Mommy D was resting.

And boy, did Boky "jump" after hearing the first note. Maybe I startled the fetus. Or maybe he/she was just enjoying the music, since his/her movements continued for a few minutes more. I had probably finished two songs before Mommy D told me that Boky had already quieted down. I continued playing for an hour or so and Boky would occasionally nudge and budge inside as if saying, "Will you please cut the crap and leave me in peace?"

No problem, Boky, but I'm warning you, you'll be hearing much of that "crap" when you come out. Hehehe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home