Monday, November 14, 2005

The Drool - Week 46





If there's one person that I truly missed in Tunisia, while standing in the sands of the Sahara Desert, it was Theo (and Mommy D, too, of course).

The Tunisian trip was largely successful: 3 days for the pre-conference tour and 2 days for the Tunisia-Japan Symposium on Culture, Science and Technology. The pre-conference tour allowed us to visit almost 2/3 of Tunisia, traveling from the capital Tunis down to Douz, which is the entrance to the Sahara Desert. Then we went into the desert itself and spent an evening in the oasis, in deluxe tents that had airconditiong plus toilet and bath. It was a truly unforgettable experience.

Back home, Mommy D told me -- when I called from Sousse -- that Theo would often look at the door when he hears it moving. And each time he wakes up in the morning, he would always look at my place in the bed, hoping that I would be there. That made me miss him even more when I was halfway around the globe. I'm sure you can imagine how happy he was when he saw me arrive home last night.

In terms of development, Mommy D told me that Theo has become much more curious than ever, and he could now manage to move more freely without support. It's probably not too long before he can start walking. And hopefully, soon, he'll be joining me in these exotic adventures, to lands much different from our own.

Theo, the world is out there, and yours for the taking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home