Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Faces - Week 33




It's Obon season in Japan, the time when most Japanese return to their hometowns to remember their ancestors. As such, we in the university are entitled to a 3-day leave at anytime within the month. I chose today until Wednesday. But it's not really your typical vacation. I am using this time for official errands, such as renewing my visa and passport. Both require me to take long (and expensive) trips outside of Tsukuba -- to Mito for my visa and to Tokyo for my passport. In fact, this blog entry is partly being made on a train bound for Tokyo on my 4-year-old PocketPC.

My sister in Tokyo sent me an email Sunday night to ask why there has been no blog update. I was really planning to post an update after I have finished all of my necessary errands, which is now when I am more free. Last weekend was spent going around Tsukuba with Theo and Mommy D since the weather was relatively pleasant.

Now, let's talk about Theo.

When Theo was inside Mommy D's womb, he was an almost constantly rumbling and tumbling fetus (see previous posts). Now that he is out and has gained sufficient agility, we find that he is equally rumbly and tumbly as well, esp. just before bedtime. Like a constipated worm, he would crawl and squirm from one end of the bed to the other. And if we play with him, he would constantly laugh and giggle while proudly flashing his four white, growing teeth, as you can see in the photos above. In one of the photos, you find him sitting on the grass and having a great time. We hope to take him out more often, esp. when autumn sets in and the mercury drops further

In the meantime, we're still keeping busy immortalizing his cute, angelic face with our digital camera, at home and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home