Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Gamer





Theo's favorite computer game is called Supertux, and it is available for free from the Internet only if you use Linux. Thus, I recently partitioned the hard drive of one of our desktops and installed the latest release of Ubuntu (ver. 8.04 - "hardy heron") so that Linux can be installed. Ubuntu is also available for free, by the way. Expectedly, Theo was very happy about it, as you can from the photos here.

I am a staunch advocate of open source software; actually, all of the PCs for the foreign staff in my office are running Ubuntu, courtesy of my effort to install them -- with the company president's blessings, of course.

I would like Theo to grow up with awareness and knowledge of open source, much like my contemporaries who know only Windows. The latter is fine, except that it's way too expensive given the availability of free alternatives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home